Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Aldridge caught on open mic

Stuff David Aldridge caught on open mic

Check out the front page
    http://www.neworleanshornets.com

Nothing earth-shattering or even insightful. Funny, maybe.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    No Really? Can't hear it at my current location. Maybe later tonight. I knew that man was biased. We all knew it. Man ought to lose his job for that, but I am sure he won't. I hope he shows up in NOLA when I am in town. I'll give that guy a piece of my mind like nobody's business. What a complete butthole.

~Sorry bro, had to edit that one! (Weather)~

Time for some football!!!

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Isn't it nice how ESPN is too chicken to post the e-mail addresses of their commentators?

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

We may not have .03, but it wouldn't take more than .01 to buy David Aldridge 100 times. Nothing but a full apology from ESPN and Aldridge is acceptable. It should be done on national TV too. The problem is he said it and he meant it. So actually he can stick any apology up his no talent behind.
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 03-21-2002 at 08:19 PM.

If anyone finds an email address to Aldridge or ESPN, please post it. I would love to send an email to Aldridge telling him what I think. His comments are very unprofessional and he should be punished by the network. If a coach said something like that, you know the NBA would fine him! I think he owes the city of New Orleans an apology!!!
    Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls,
    There stands our dear old Alma Mater who to us recalls
    Fond memories that waken in our hearts a tender glow
    And make us happy for the love that we have learned to know.

All praise to thee, our Alma Mater, molder of mankind.
    May greater glory, love unending, be forever thine.
    Our worth in life will be thy worth, we pray to keep it true,
    And may thy spirit live in us... forever, L-S-U.

Amazing, pure f'ing stupidity.

The Saints can't sell out - uh last I checked the Saints web site, they sold out 16 of 17 games since the start of the 2000 season.

We don't have 3-cents in the entire town - unf'ing believable. I have more than that under my sofa cushions. :hahaha:

You only go to N.O. to get drunk and chase women :Eyecrazy: - he is real classy - o.k. on Burbon Street at Mardi Gras maybe, but I don't think this is what our multi-billion dollar tourism and convention business is built on.

They have $1 billion dollar tax reserve that they are spending to help the Saints and lure the Hornets, what happens if they have a tornado - Well, I wish we had a billion dollar tax reserve because we would be building a new open air stadium for the Saints and the State could buy up the arena seats and give the tickets out as lottery prizes. :hahaha: And since when are tornados a problem here, at least his fact checker made sure he got it right in the article when they changed it to a hurricane. And guess what, we have had our share of run-ins with hurricanes and the Saints, Brass and Zephyrs are still here - alive and well, but what would I know, I am not an NBA analyst.

What can I say - David Aldredge
    Last edited by say-what-x; 03-21-2002 at 08:33 PM.

Found a link to send ESPN a comment about David Aldridge's comments.

http://msn.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Please, everyone, send them a comment to voice your opinion about his comments. Lets see if we cant force him to apologize!

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/email.html

You can e-mail the hosts of ESPN radio shows there including Kornheiser and Dan Patrick.

Also, if you want to contact Jeff Duncan (the TP writer that was on the Kornheiser show which made Aldridge call in and refute what he said to Kornheiser) you can do so at
    [email protected]

Aldirge MUST PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way does anyone know how much time someone

can do for sending threats to a certain

espn guy in e mail?

Uh uh...e-mailing DA is to easy. I will be online next Wed. during his live chat and I will ask him to substantiate those comments. I invite all of you to join me.
    the Legend has spoken!

ESPN owes New Orleans an apology for having an idiot like him on the air to begin with. He would be a great guest on a certain radio show that is all about being classless.

Although I agree it was a stupid thing to say....That is the perception the rest of the country has of NOL..

Originally posted by Adam the Legend
    Uh uh...e-mailing DA is to easy. I will be online next Wed. during his live chat and I will ask him to substantiate those comments. I invite all of you to join me.
    what time is this live chat?

Starter
    when you listen to ESPN radio over the net....the feeds are always open, you hear them bull****ting with each other during commericals. Its crazy, one timei was listening to Kornhiser and i heard them talking about Monica Lewinsky and what not. Im not suprised this happened. I guess he didnt know that internet listeners dont get advertisments, that proves how smart this guy really is. He and ESPN should apolizige, it seems to me that ESPN as a whole is more favored to our side though ,so please dont blame this totally on ESPN, Its one guy out of a big contigent of knowledegeable media, we dont want the whole to sway against our side.

His chat is usually in the early afternoon. Log onto ESPN's NBA page on Wed. and they will have the time along with a link to the chat room.

Hall of Famer
    My soundcard is blown. Is this the gist of Aldridge's comments? It isn't interesting that people in positions like his make these comments without considering that there are actually people who live and work the town they are talking about. I don't know what is worse, his ignorance or the fact that he thinks he can criticize this city like a poorly chosen three-point shot. Just what I have read here offends me so much, I find it hard to express.

I notice Aldridge said "chase women" i guess he had no takers

last time he was here ,so he must just be pissed at that

Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by action
    Although I agree it was a stupid thing to say....That is the perception the rest of the country has of NOL..
    Only those people who don't know what they are talking about. When Aldridge makes these comments, he demonstrates that he has no knowledge of New Orleans that could not be gleaned by watching a couple of episodes of NFL2Night during the last Superbowl. This would not be so bad, except that he is masquerading here as an "expert." These statements reveal him to be not only ignorant, but a fraud.

The Franchise
    I just listened to Aldridge's comments, what an *******. If your going to make comment's about a city at least do a little research. I sent an email and told them this guy is an idiot and owes this city an apology.

The Franchise
    Originally posted by Westbank Hornet
    I don't know what is worse, his ignorance or the fact that he thinks he can criticize this city like a poorly chosen three-point shot. Just what I have read here offends me so much, I find it hard to express.

I agree 100%. I'm totally offended! The nerve!!!
    HANGIN' IN THE PELICANS ROOST!!

Originally posted by sting
    I just listened to Aldridge's comments, what an *******. If your going to make comment's about a city at least do a little research. I sent an email and told them this guy is an idiot and owes this city an apology.
    I agree with you 100%. I sent an email also!

I sent an EMail to ESPN and to Kornheiser's show!

The gloves are on. Be prepared to hear more comments like David's' until the final vote. The thing that upsets me the most is the talking off-air or beneath the breath. If he would have went on the show and said what he did, then I would respect his opinion, but he chose to hide and talk "off-air." It will be interesting to see how good his tap dancing is when he is finally forced to answer a question referring to what he said.

Also, aren't people in that sort of business supposed to have a responsibility to write or talk about facts, even when expressing opinions. This is almost as good as the National Inquire.

NO PEACE and NO

The Franchise
    I sent an e-mail also.

Thread Information