Pelicans Report

Thread: Im glad I did NOT go to this game.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)

Im glad I did NOT go to this game.

I wasnt feeling well, so I decided to give me tickets away for tonights game, it was a good move.

Let me start off first by saying its rediculous that Lebron James is already getting Michael Jordan calls. He constantly traveled and pushed off without getting called for it.

Iv'e been holding off this post because I was hoping this team could get things going, but NO. I have 2 problems with this team.

1. PJ Brown needs to go. Inconsistancy is expected at times in all sports, but this guy is the definition of it. He is no longer starter material in the NBA, especially for the money. My recomendation: Trade him in the offseason or make him backup west.

2. Floyd is NOT an NBA coach, he has been getting OUTCOACHED since before the allstar break.

I think the NBA season resembles MLB in the way that the season doesnt really kick off until a few weeks before the allstar break, usually thats about 30% of the games wasted, (sort of). Those first games (30% of the season) are usully used to assess your team and the oponents, when the games heat up you can sense the changes in the players, coaches and fans attitudes.

30% of the Hornets games would equal 25 games. Their record in the first 25 was 17-8. Since then, when the real season started, their record is 16-21.

My point is that when coaches started to get a feel of their team and their opponents, they started to coach. The record in itseld shows that floyd has been outcoached by those with much less talent than the Hornets.

None of this may make sense to anyone, but Im getting tired of explaining it to my dog. I cant explain it to my woman because I think the dog has more interest in basketball than she does.

BTW, I think the dog agrees with me.

You should've went, they need all the Hornets fans at home games they can get. There always seems to be other teams fans in there.

5O4Hornet
    Dogs are good listeners.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rich4114
    You should've went, they need all the Hornets fans at home games they can get. There always seems to be other teams fans in there.
    Well, he gave them away, probably to someone wanting to see and cheer for the Hornets.

I agree with his assessment. The only problem is that it is going to be hard to unload PJ. He's got a new, hefty contract. If he really is playing sub-par, who's going to take him? The team needs an overhaul, but it ain't gonna be easy and I am not so sure it is likely to happen. I guess we need a staunch disciplinarian at coach that the players would respond to.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Those are Hornets fans, just bandwagoners that think its cool to wear the opposing teams superstar jersey instead of Hornets colors.

Anyways, I am mad at Floyd because this team is so predictable, you know who is getting the ball 80% of the time (Mash) and you know who we go to in last second shots. I mean, wasn't this suppose to be BD's team and offense? Plus, you know this team will take atleast 15 3pters a game, with 8 of them looking ugly when they leave the players hands. Floyd is a college coach, stuff like this doesn't cut it in the NBA, and it's ashame Shinn's gonna keep him next year. The West will absolutely DOMINATE us. Matter fact, I think this team will be this years version of the Suns next year, bank on that.

5O4Hornet
    I don't see why you want to get rid of P.J. I think he is one of the bright spots in the Hornets lineup. My question mark would be at the center position. I don't think Magloire is good enoguh to start in the NBA, now maybe you will disagree because of his all-star performance, but has he really done anything since that time?

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Joe Horn(ets)
    Those are Hornets fans, just bandwagoners that think its cool to wear the opposing teams superstar jersey instead of Hornets colors.

Anyways, I am mad at Floyd because this team is so predictable, you know who is getting the ball 80% of the time (Mash) and you know who we go to in last second shots. I mean, wasn't this suppose to be BD's team and offense? Plus, you know this team will take atleast 15 3pters a game, with 8 of them looking ugly when they leave the players hands. Floyd is a college coach, stuff like this doesn't cut it in the NBA, and it's ashame Shinn's gonna keep him next year. The West will absolutely DOMINATE us. Matter fact, I think this team will be this years version of the Suns next year, bank on that.
    Hey, does anyone know if the Hornets ever offer a meeting with their season ticket fans? I know the Blazers have done this. The Hornets need to hear from their fans the concerns about this team and Floyd. There are two ways the owners can hear about it, first through the lack of ticket sales, or second through reaching out. If these guys know what is good for them, they'll choose the latter option. The fans want to go to the games. Attendance appears to be picking up, but it is going to sink if the games aren't fun to go to.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    I thought when Floyd was hired were getting a fiery coach. A coach who is a complete opposite of Silas, but I have only seen this in a few games. I wanted a coach who was outspoken, gets on players AND REFS when they screw up, but all I see is a Silas who just walks around a little more.

We have to face it, Floyd is exactly what he was in Chicago, with just better talent.

The Franchise Contributor rockerhornet's Avatar
    Good thread cory.

Thread Information