Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When did P.J. Brown become a franchise player?

Rookie
    letting P.J. go would have been a disaster. What differentiates us from the other eastern teams is our physical line of two powerful 6'11 center and forward.

P.J. for political ofice
    lil' coach

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    "But how can we add athleticiscim to our backcourt , because we need it. and I think thats all we need to win the East"

I agree with this. If we don't make a trade this summer, I expect us to get someone next season through free agency (we should have more room under the cap next season). However, if we do make a move this summer it will be in the back up department. The trend the last few years are big name players staying with their current teams. So there might not be a deep pool of talent to choose from, look what happened to the Spurs this summer.

Starter
    I think Baron provide enough athleticism in the backcourt. We just need a solid two guard who's a consistent shooter and play solid defense. Basically, someone to do the same thing D-Dub does but taller. We really don't need much out of the position, just a solid contributor offensively and defensely. He doesn't have to be specticular or a top sort after free-agent for us to strenghten this position. I think this is why Eric Piatkowski is high on everyone wish list. He's consistent, cheap and available. Not to mention, willing to accept he's role. Developing team chemistry is important.

Jim Jackson is another good canidate.
    I just wish Michael Redd was available. I love he's game. I think he's the reason it was so easy for the Bucks to trade Ray Allen. Anyway, if him and Baron was in our backcourt it would be a lethal combination. Just wishful thinking.

Thoughts of the...
    DC-Hornet

it was either sign PJ or get totally beat up on the boards next year! Take your pick. PJ is slightly overpaid, but as a Hornets fan from the very begining I'm glad to see that we are actually retaining key players, something we haven't been doing in the past. To say Shinn kept PJ b/c of his local ties is nothing but hearsay...what shred of evidence do you have to support that statement other than speculation???

Also I'm sick of people believing Moiso is the next coming. To this point in his career he is an UNproven commodity. I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the season with him as our starting PF. I mean he has potential, but alot of guys have potential that never live up to it. It's not like he is a sure thing. I'd love to have him back though, but I won't put blind faith in him that he will develop into this great player....I hope he does, and I hope he does it as a Hornet but it's not a guarentee.

As for getting rid of Mash, that is just ridiculous. He is an all-star SF, what more could we ask for? What we need is another SG, nothing more nothing less. Wesley just can't get it done for us as much as I love his heart. We also need a spark off the bench offensively. Kinda like Malik Rose and Speedy Claxton were for SA. What kills us is when BD or Mash stop scoring, we dont have any other options. It was so sad watching us lose that last game to Phila, we just rolled over offensively and our defense wasn't good enough to hold them off.
    Last edited by Bad_Intentions; 07-14-2003 at 01:18 AM.
    I'm not a player I just, well you know the rest....

mgmt did the right thing and they have so far this off season.

all they need to do is resign moiso, get rid of haston and drew.

pj brown may be getting older but he is a dedicated player who will help the enitre team.

i like the experience he brings to the team. and hes jump shot was looking real good last year. short range jump shot.

im tired of you all who complain about everything.

god i can not wait till opening night.

when do the schedules get released.

5O4Hornet
    ULSaint, Did you just call Courtney Alexander an athlete? The guy should be a gymnist with the way he shoots the ball. I think CA is the least talented player on this team and should be traded away. P.J. looked good enough for other teams to go after him, and I think it was good that we re-signed P.J., considering we'll be moving to the west because the teams that wanted P.J. were all in the west.

Originally posted by 5O4Hornet
    ULSaint, Did you just call Courtney Alexander an athlete? The guy should be a gymnist with the way he shoots the ball. I think CA is the least talented player on this team and should be traded away. P.J. looked good enough for other teams to go after him, and I think it was good that we re-signed P.J., considering we'll be moving to the west because the teams that wanted P.J. were all in the west.
    Don't forget Haston!

Thread Information