Pelicans Report

Thread: You gotta Bee-lieve !

"Primetime" Radio Host

You gotta Bee-lieve !

First of all, the homepage looks tremendous...I'm sure you guys are quite proud.

According to the nola.com website it seems as if the folks in NO are having a tough time buying into Ray and George as a legit entity.

Nearly 56% of the pollsters believe that your fair town can't support two pro sports franchises. (I'm not one of them, but some people would argue about the Saints falling into this category as well)...By the way, quality effort by Ricky Williams...nice speeding ticket !

I would suggest that the dozen or so guys that consistently post on this site should check out nola.com and vote. Since it is obvious that most of you can't afford season tickets, this is an opportunity for you to make a difference in your community. Seriously, if you won't even try to pick up some of that garbage in your streets, atleast vote and show some civic pride.

Well, looks like Tom Benson was right. New Orleans is one-trick pony. But don't worry, you can always a host a three game series involving LSU baseball and call it your own.

Keep up the good work, Nawlins.

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar
    Here goes "FUDGE" again!!!
    Geaux Pells!

Re: You gotta Bee-lieve !

Are you going to have five hours of driving in circles talk when the Hornets leave? I mean it must get boring having nothing but wrestling and NASCAR to talk about.

Go Speedricky Go Speedricky Go Speedricky GOOOOO and take Shinnridge with you. hahahahahahaha. Wow what a town. Bars and fast cars. Take the money from that ticket and buy a few season tickets for the bums around town. We thought NASCAR was fast here man you guys are the kings. No you're the Jazz. No you're the Hornets. No well you know what you are. Packer these guys are more fun than a barrel of beads and monkeys.
    Sorry New Awleens It aint gonna happen

Originally posted by Mark Packer
    According to the nola.com website it seems as if the folks in NO are having a tough time buying into Ray and George as a legit entity.

Nearly 56% of the pollsters believe that your fair town can't support two pro sports franchises. (I'm not one of them, but some people would argue about the Saints falling into this category as well)...
    But you know what, polls are misleading. As Mark Twain once said, "there are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

So 56% say that they think the city cannot support 2 teams. What does that mean. Nothing. How many of them were asked if they had or would buy tickets to the Hornets? How many were asked if they would support the Hornets? How many were asked if they would buy Hornets merchandise? Those are the important questions.

Also, it's an internet poll. How scientific is that. NOT! How many people voted twice, how many people from Charlotte came over here and voted? So Packman, don't get too smug with these little polls.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO ANALYZE THIS POLL, In a metro area of over 1 million, 44% said the area could support 2 teams. That's over 440,000 people. Last I checked, the New Orleans Arena only holds about 19,000 packed.

By the way, quality effort by Ricky Williams...nice speeding ticket !
    Well we always knew he didn't have true breakaway speed, even on an interstate. LOL

Seriously, if you won't even try to pick up some of that garbage in your streets, atleast vote and show some civic pride.
    If all of our visitors from places like Charlotte would pick up after themselves, we wouldn't have to clean up. But since you visited during Mardi Gras, you got a skewed perspective of our fair city anyway.
    Last edited by say-what-x; 02-26-2002 at 09:10 AM.

There was a poll on either NOLA or WWL's website before the mayorial primary that asked "Who do you think will be the next mayor?" Troy Carter won that poll with nearly 60%. He didn't break 5% on election day. So much for polls.
    the Legend has spoken!

Mark --

What a brilliant post! A couple of points to ponder though:

(1) As you are undoubtedly aware, New Orleanians are not the only visitors to the Nola.com website. Consequently, polls on the website are not necessarily an accurate depiction of how this city feels about any particular issue. For all I know, you're sitting on that site all day punching in "No."

(2) Internet polls are inherently unreliable. Perhaps you didn't learn that in the Mecklenburg school district, but if you need a primer regarding this issue, let me know and I'll explain why these polls are virtually meaningless.

(3) We'll soon be able to test Tom Benson's position since it is clear that the Hornets are leaving your colorless, overgrown suburb. When they leave, you'll have even more time to spend in your Super Wal-Mart, talking to the troglodyte transplant townfolk (originally from Atlantic City) about the artistic event of the season in Charlotte (i.e., the new Will Smith movie). On your way home to your lilly-white, pre-fab construction gated subdivision, you can pick up Charlotte's premier cuisine, i.e, a McNugget Value Meal and not get stuck in traffic because the Hornets have left the proverbial building (which is woefully short on suites and will never be able to attract another NBA tenant again).

Originally posted by Mark Packer

Since it is obvious that most of you can't afford season tickets, this is an opportunity for you to make a difference in your community. Seriously, if you won't even try to pick up some of that garbage in your streets, atleast vote and show some civic pride.
    It's truly sad that you consider yourself a professional.
    It will be easy, we'll use the computer!
    - Dr. Strangelove

Because all you of Earth - are IDIOTS!
    - Plan Nine From Outer Space

my friend mr packer...if i read you posting about the"garbage" in the city one more time i will be forced to mention the constant corruption in your fair city, the total lack of culture in your gem of a city, and the total lack of true civic leadership displayed by your city...charlotte could just as well be named john doe. it lacks any true culture and the food...well i guess its edible, but so is carboard...hint to area chefs of charlotte..."HURRY AND ADD SALT TO THIS CARDBOARD BOX IT NEEDS FLAVOR" is not something i want to hear from the kitchen of the one 3 star resturaunt in the city...i dont get why you feel it important or even appropriate to come here as a tourist, not leave the french quarter(only an assumption since it seems to be what most folks from these cookie cutter cities do) during the biggest 2 weeks in the country no less, and comment on the garbage??? we are not the ones doing it...ITS YOU!!! AND ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE FROM KANSAS, NEBRASKA, AND CAROLINA!!!! much is the same with our pollution problems and the mississippi. people from other regions dumping waste in the river and it flowing down to us...we are very proud of our city, as im sure you are of yours, so please in the future show some couth and refrain from comming in our house and slamming our city...its funny, of all the charlotte posters(and there are some very good ones that grace us with their presence) you of all people should know better...ps...if our city isnt to your liking please, by all means, go somewhere else!!! we will be more than happy to host the millions of others that visit every year.(thats right...people actually pay to come here!!!) It is the home of people like ann rice, trent reznor, lenny kravits, delta burke, dan ackroid(sp) john goodman, winton, bradford, and ellis marselis, harry connick jr, nsync, and a slew of others...not bad for some trash infested, waste of a city that only contains dummies and crooked politicians...please be more respectful...thank you

Originally posted by Lawyer Scott
    Mark --

(1) As you are undoubtedly aware, New Orleanians are not the only visitors to the Nola.com website. Consequently, polls on the website are not necessarily an accurate depiction of how this city feels about any particular issue. For all I know, you're sitting on that site all day punching in "No."

(2) Internet polls are inherently unreliable. Perhaps you didn't learn that in the Mecklenburg school district, but if you need a primer regarding this issue, let me know and I'll explain why these polls are virtually meaningless.

(3) We'll soon be able to test Tom Benson's position since it is clear that the Hornets are leaving your colorless, overgrown suburb. When they leave, you'll have even more time to spend in your Super Wal-Mart, talking to the troglodyte transplant townfolk (originally from Atlantic City) about the artistic event of the season in Charlotte (i.e., the new Will Smith movie). On your way home to your lilly-white, pre-fab construction gated subdivision, you can pick up Charlotte's premier cuisine, i.e, a McNugget Value Meal and not get stuck in traffic because the Hornets have left the proverbial building (which is woefully short on suites and will never be able to attract another NBA tenant again).
    Scott, what a post! Couldn't have said it better myself.

All-Star
    Originally posted by Lawyer Scott
    Mark --

Let's just post this again - it deserves it. Maybe when the lesser Packer gets home from the Olive Garden he will read it.

i dont mean to slam charlotte but it really angers me that this nobody(thats right...the new orleans listening audience has increased your ratings by 10 fold) comes here to slam our city...are you what is to be expected from the average charlotte citizen...i was hopping that they were more like charlottewilke...i am still very regretful that some of you will be losing your team, that must really suck...for guys like you packer...good luck in the job market...in no time you will be doing on location feeds from the dairy queen!!!

All-Star
    Originally posted by no_jazz_in_utah
    for guys like you packer...good luck in the job market...in no time you will be doing on location feeds from the dairy queen!!!
    Wow! The Dairy Queen. That is pretty haughty stuff for a culture like they have in Charlotte. I don't think they will allow the lesser Packer in such a fine Charlotte establishment.

Originally posted by JimEverett

Wow! The Dairy Queen. That is pretty haughty stuff for a culture like they have in Charlotte. I don't think they will allow the lesser Packer in such a fine Charlotte establishment.
    I'm sure Packers buddy, Mark Cuban, can pull some strings and get him an invite to the DQ.

Originally posted by JimEverett

Even Dairy Queen has a "no shirt/no shoes" policy, so you are probably right.:hahaha:

All-Star
    Originally posted by say-what

Even Dairy Queen has a "no shirt/no shoes" policy, so you are probably right.:hahaha:
    Guys - we are forgetting the "X-factor." The lesser Packer will call his daddy and whine. So greater Packer will pull some strings and Jr. is in the DQ - it works everytime.

QCB
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Just one question How much did you pay for this domain name?
    Makes me wonder how you were able to secure it. You would think that two great business me like Shinn and Woolridge would have locked the domain name down if they were going to re-name their team. But I guess that would have been a good business decision. I'm sorry I answered my own question.

Gotta go get me some chocolate.

I'll be back!
    QCB

Banned
    The queen city ******* has arrived!!!! Get ready to not understand a damn word he writes!!!! But he's funny as ****!

Banned

Stuff

At least we have NASCAR and the NFL. And they are NOT on the downhill slide like the NBA and New Orleans. If NASCAR keeps going to large cities (sorry New Orleans, you don't qualify) it will soon displace the NBA as the No.3 sport. I'm glad Shinn is gone.

Originally posted by Malaysak1982
    At least we have NASCAR and the NFL. And they are NOT on the downhill slide like the NBA and New Orleans. If NASCAR keeps going to large cities (sorry New Orleans, you don't qualify) it will soon displace the NBA as the No.3 sport. I'm glad Shinn is gone.
    You are adding nothing but just trying to start trouble and bash our city. If that is all you are here for, then leave please.

Originally posted by Malaysak1982
    That's OK, you can keep the NASCAR. In fact, I hope every race is one day held in Charlotte. It's about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Originally posted by NBA_in_N.O.

That's OK, you can keep the NASCAR. In fact, I hope every race is one day held in Charlotte. It's about as entertaining as watching paint dry.
    I have to disagree. I went to the Daytona 500 a couple of weeks ago and loved it! I also am a NASCAR fan.

Thread Information