Pelicans Report

Thread: New Orleans Hornets basketballs at Endymion

Supreme High Muckamuck Saints67's Avatar

Help New Orleans Hornets basketballs at Endymion

Does anyone have a pic of one of the balls George and Ray threw from Endymion? By the time they go to me on Canal either they were out of them or they were waiting till they got to the end of the parade to give them out. Either way I didn't get to see one and want to know if they exist. Could one of you guys help me out?

Rookie
    I was in the Superdome and I did not see any. Maybe they threw them out early in the Parade....

They lied. These two evil men promised us cheap Mardi Gras throws and they lied! Whats next! Will George try to tell us he doesn't dye his hair. These guys can't be trusted. Until I see a New Orleans Hornet basketball from Endymion, I refuse to belive they really want to relocate here. The will have to show me more than filing for relocation, touring the city and picking out a practice facility site, selling tickets, having open houses, meeting with local leaders, opening an office here and lobying other NBA owners and the commish's office to approve. All of that is just rumor anyway. Because of this basketball situation, I am more inclined to believe the facts of a 100M dollar relocation fee if they are approved. When they can't meet the fee, Elvis and the Tooth Fariy are going to buy the team for 175M cash, 100M teeth, a lifetime scrip of qualudes and a pair of blue suede shoes.

Rookie
    Man, whats up with that! You need to stay away from the Charlotte Boards. You are very wound up tonight

We have not "officially" been given the Hornets, but all signs point to that happening.

All is well, we will have this team.

Just poking fun John.

Draft Pick
    Ray Wooldridge had one of the Basketballs on FOX 8 the night of Endymion during an interview in the Superdome. They were asking him about the CLT arena joke, and he said "see these basketballs, they say New Orleans Hornets. This team is coming to New Orleans."

Just so we don't have to hear it from Charlotte,
    I hope these weren't blue balls they were giving us.

My kids caught a couple of them on Orleans Ave. at the beginning of the parade.

They are pretty cool, but just made of foam.

Love the idea though.

Originally posted by NSHornet

Love the idea though.
    Cool, not bad for a fast free promotion.

And yeaaaaaa! They're not blue.

Originally posted by NSHornet

Love the idea though.
    Sweeet! If you ever want to get rid of one of those, you know where to find me

Everything has a price....(Hopefully not the Hornets to a Charlotte investor, though)

Seriously, it was pretty cool. Shinn actually singled my kids (2 1/2 year old twins) out and handed me the balls. I took it as pretty classy on his part.

Looks like they used a different font. Doubt that's 'official,' but it's interesting that they didn't use the same one.
    The Grizzlies should have moved to Chicago! (That was always a joke -- sort of.) Go Bulls! Go New Orleans Hornets!

Supreme High Muckamuck Saints67's Avatar

Thanks

I finally got to see what one of the N.O. Hornets balls look like.
    Now I can buy my season tickets

Boy! "Shinnridge" went a little over budget on those balls don't you think. They look high dollar, maybe up here in Mayberry we could get some of them there foam Hornets balls. LOL

Draft Pick
    no thanks i will take my baron davis bobble head sunday, to go with my pj brown, elden, mash, and d dub bobbles.

Banned
    I'd love a Shinnridge bobblehead...oh wait, their heads already bob up and down while their actions do something completely different.

Thread Information