Bobcats at Hornets: Advanced Box Score
Nice bounce back win. The offense was outstanding, but the defense was not good at all outside of our starting frontcourt. Bobcats were way too efficient offensively. Can't believe the next game is Wednesday. What a joke. I can get by this weekend due to football, but what about Monday and Tuesday? Come on man!
Offensive Rating (Team - 124.5)
Roberts - 169
Anderson - 163
Miller - 158
Lopez - 157
Aminu - 125
Davis - 118
Mason - 104
Smith - 97
Rivers - 77
Vasquez - 75
1. I was surprised Davis was lower, but than I saw he went 5/9 from the FT line. He makes a couple of those and his rating goes up higher.
2. Roberts, Anderson, and Miller shot very well from the field. Anderson got off early by making a few easy shots in the paint. Roberts was very good offensively. Shot excellently, setup his teammates, and didn't turn the ball over. Miller made his open 3's.
3. Aminu was very good as well. Shot a high % and cut back his turnovers.
4. Rivers and Vasquez were not good offensively. I'll give Rivers the benefit of the doubt since he played with a swollen finger, but until he improves his perimeter shooting or like CP3forMVP said, develops a mid-range game, his offense will suffer. He has great quickness with the ball in his hand. Vasquez was poor again. Seems to be regressing rapidly.
Defensive Rating (Team - 115.2)
Davis - 103
Aminu - 107
Lopez - 110
Anderson - 120
Mason - 121
Miller - 121
Rivers - 122
Smith - 124
Roberts - 124
1. Davis was outstanding defensively. Blocks, rebounds, rotations. Played well. Aminu and Lopez were strong as well.
2. Unfortunately no one else played well defensively. The backcourt got torched and the rest of the frontcourt didn't rebound or defend.