Hornets at Bulls: Advanced Box Score
I couldn't watch the game live since I was stuck at a buddy's house watching the LSU game. I tried to watch the midnight reply but I fell asleep. :hihi: Can only go over the stats tonight.
Offensive Rating (Team - 99)
Mason - 214
Smith - 201
Lopez - 107
Aminu - 96
Vasquez - 93
Anderson - 87
Rivers - 72
Roberts - 51 (5 minutes)
Miller - 50
Thomas - 0 (5 minutes)
Henry - NA (3 minutes)
1. Mason was 2-3 from 3's and 2-2 from the FT line. His total shooting was therefore over 100%. Add in his zero turnovers and an assist, his rating was super high. Mason has been a very good pickup and I would still start him at SG until Gordon is back due to his shooting and efficiency on offense.
2. Smith was really efficient. 16 points in 15 minutes. 4/5 from the field, 8/8 from the line, zero turnovers. His total shooting was 94%. No surprise to see his rating so high.
3. Lopez was really strong from the field, but 3 turnovers hurt his rating. Turnovers has been the only flaw so far for him.
4. Same with Aminu. Turnovers hurt him as well. He shot a very good %, but 4 turnovers hurt.
5. Vasquez scored alot, but 4 turnovers and poor shooting. Same with Rivers. He scored more than usual, but a poor % and a couple of turnovers.
6. Anderson didn't shoot well and also had 3 turnovers. He was 4/6 from 2 point range, but 1/7 from 3's.
7. What was Brian Roberts smoking last night? 0/5 from the field, 1 turnover, and 57% usage in just 5 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a 57% usage in a game and he did it in 5 minutes. Ridiculous. If we need a backup PG, give the job to Rivers.
Defensive Rating (Team - 91)
Aminu - 85
Roberts - 86 (5 minutes)
Lopez - 87
Rivers - 89
Miller - 90
Anderson - 92
Thomas - 95 (5 minutes)
Smith - 96
Vasquez - 100
Mason - 103
Henry - 105 (3 minutes)
1. The team played really well defensively.
2. Aminu had steals, blocks, and rebounds. Definitely on his way to becoming an elite defender. Fouls hurt him yesterday.
3. Lopez was strong too. I noticed in the first he was guarding Boozer and Boozer finished 1/8 from the field. Lopez had 4 blocks.
4. Rivers had 3 steals and a block. Had a strong defensive game. Both starting guards for the Bulls shot poorly from the field.
After Wednesday's games, I will post the season stats like win shares, win shares per 48 minutes, etc.