HOOP TIME PROJECTS
Starting this week I will begin to post my NBA stuff..( also my nola.com column will have some variety)...what would you like to read about in the early stages?...I will approach this as an NBA Analyst ( why not after 21 years right?) and a lil Talk Radio flavor...also would you want me to post in the nest or the Gerry V section?...HOOP TIME!!
By the way,starting Monday I will be the News Anchor on FOX 8TV "Morning Edition" 5-9am and 12 noon....A News Anchor! Expanding the skill sets! Mama Mia!....News,Sports...etc.....Is America ready for this?
Do something on the pace we play at under Monty, and how that could change with the new additions.
Will do...as Hornets were last in the NBA with # of poss.....defensive efficiency tells more of the story #16...You'll see as we explore on future posts how the offense is in great need of scoring punch....OFF REBS....FT ATT's....3BALL ATT's+MAKES......will be fun to talk about.
- How does Monty and crew approach individual skills practice during the hectic NBA schedule? I'm genuinely curious what the flow of a typical practice during the season is like (warmup/fundamentals for first two hours, film study for the next hour, set plays for an hour, situational plays/defenses for a half hour to finish up the day, etc.) Are players completely on their own when it comes to improving their dribbling, post moves, jumpers off screens and such? Do the coaches come with individual practice regimens for the players to follow when they aren't at team practice?
- Everyone talks about how good team chemistry can really make a difference for a team. What does "having good team chemistry" mean and how can we observe it in games? How do players develop it with each other? Any particular methods that you have noticed tend to work more often than not?
- One weakness (imo) that I have found with Monty is that his rotations seem to be iffy. However, I can't quite put my finger on why it looks that way to me; it just might be the constant flux of talent and he is trying out different things. How do coaches determine when to bring certain people in/out on the fly? When coaches look at the game they just called, how do they judge if their rotations met expectations?
That's all the interesting things (to me) that I can think of for the moment.
Everyone talks about how Ryan Anderson succeeded because of Dwight, and doubts if he'll continue to produce as well, as if a top center is the only way to open up 3 point shooters. You might talk about how playing with Gordon and Davis will get him open looks.
Just give us as much Hornets and Saints insight as possible. Hope you do sports in the morning too and Fox 8 can move away from that stale sports footage from the night before - and post in the nest.
Gerry V, i would like your opinion of Rivers and your expection of him and Lopez.
I would like to read about the following:
- The projected starting 5. Do you see Rivers as the starting PG or the 6th man that comes in to score for us?.. what about the front court, Anderson/Davis/Lopez OR Aminu/Anderson/Davis ?!
- If Gordon stays healthy, what do you think our record might be ?
I thinking posting in the nest will get the post more exposure.