Pelicans Report

Thread: You Can Now Create Blog Posts

Blog Entries

You Can Now Create Blog Posts

It's true! Click the blog tab on top next to forums and you'll be a blogger with a spot on the front page of the biggest Hornets forum on the web. You need to create full length articles with proper grammar and the like.

If you're not the best writer yet, no worries! Our editors are here to help you out. I didn't consider myself a writer three years ago, and here I am writing an article on how to write articles.

Once you write an article, attach an image (hopefully one that fits nice, but we can work all that out later) and publish. An editor will moderate, and BOOM. You're an author. You can recap games, evaluate trades in depth, write an opinion piece about the music in the arena, or countless other articles.

Good luck. Trial and error for a few days.

Blog Entries
    Apparently we're further along than I thought. Commentary will still all be on the forum, but if you want to spend some time writing an article that will show up on the home page of a site that gets thousands of daily readers, you can now do so.

Plus we need to get rid of all that filler.

Please don't write two paragraph articles in the blog. It's for longer stuff.

The home page is where all of this will be displayed.

All entries will be moderated (for now).
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Blog Entries
    If you write an article, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll approve it/ make it pretty as soon as possible.

Still need to streamline that process.

Just an FYI: for the attached images the ideal size is 466 x 288 (W x H). Any image with the same ratio (1 x 1.618) will be zoomed and will look fine, but anything else we will have to crop.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Cool, I may write something for you guys! I major in Journalism, but it's funny because I never had sports anything near the top of my list.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

The Franchise
    So I am confused we can write blogs, or we email it to Joe?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Blog Entries
    Just seeing this, sorry. You just write them in the blog and attach an image. Then they show up not only one the front page, but here as well.

All I do is edit them and make sure they're not spam and the like. That's why I said to email me if you submit something, just so I can approve it in a timely fashion.

Really it's almost identical to writing a forum post, but if someone has something to say that is particularly long or focused, they can get it a little more exposure. Front page is almost always my first stop now, so I'll see it ever day!

Thread Information